Sunday 5 August 2007

Movies!

I am well into films but I’m human enough to admit I haven’t seen all the classics. Here are a few that I have to see.

Casablanca – How can I have not seen it? Every year it’s on but something else crops up again and again. My brother keeps telling me it brilliant. So hopefully this year!

Cross-of Iron – I hadn’t even heard of this WW2 film set on the Russian front. Stars James Coburn and directed by Sam Peckinpah, it sounds like a good film. Have to track it down.

Deliverance – Sort of seen but not all the way through! Have to seen for the amazing Burt Reynolds (a hero of mine) and his ‘dummy down a river scene’.

The Great Escape – We’ve all seen it but how many were really watchin it over there X-mass dinner. I wasn’t!!! Have to see it just because I’m male!

High Noon – I deserve to be flogged for not seeing this, from just reading about it seems like this film is the greatest ever. This should be top of my list along with…

Bad Day at Black Rock – A one armed Spencer Tracey taking on a whole town of bigots! Classic!

Night of the Hunter – Robert Mitchum on fine form as a psychotic Preacher, reminds me of Cape Fear. Very scary and copied by everyone up to and including The Simpsons.

On the Waterfront – Brando, Brando, Brando! I’ve seen A Streetcar Named Desire but strangely not this.

The Searchers – A classic John Wayne film (not a fan me) bit near the knuckle racially (the native Americans come of badly) but a John Ford film of some weight.

Twelve Angry Men – Twelve men, angry men on a jury, angrily arguing over a verdict. Tense, powerful and some of the actors best work!

The Wild Bunch – I own it but haven’t got past the first shoot out!

1 comment:

Pandora Caitiff said...

We'll have to have a movie night once a month or something to clear the backlog.